The Cellar Crawl was founded in 1997 by representatives of six of Oregon’s premier wineries: Ken Wright of Ken Wright Cellars, Mike Etzel of Beaux Fréres, Ben Casteel of Bethel Heights Vineyard, Steve Doerner of Cristom Vineyards, Lynn Penner-Ash of Penner-Ash Wine Cellars, and Laurent Montalieu of Soléna Estate. They were brought together by comradeship, curiousity and an abinding love for Pinot Noir.
Cellar Crawl is a place:
- for fellowship and collaboration, for the sharing of intel
- where there are no secrets
- where there are only honest voices, noses and palates
- where there is a common cause to raise the bar and elevate the game
- where competition has been replaced with rejoicing at each others successes